Thursday, January 15, 2009

CELBRATING MY BIRTHDAY

Today I celebrated my 72 nd birthday. Daddy took me to a matinee to see the movie, Australia. We had popcorn and a diet coke while we watched it. This is a very good movie almost 3 hours long but worth seeing again. Then we went to the Olive Garden for an early dinner. We used our gift certificates that were given to us for Christmas from Denise, Jessica, Dan, Tim and Bekah, also the Movie tickets from Kristin and Clint from 3 Christmase's ago. We went to Lisa's for birthday cake that one of our dear friends made for me, it was a coconut pecan cake made from scratch. Very, very delicious. Thank you Maribeth! As we walked in the door, and what to my surprise and complete shock was my oldest daughter Cindy. I just lost it, because I wanted my family to be together so much on this special day. And I also received an email from my son Gregory. My niece Kristin her husband Clint, my grandson Joshua and his wife Meredith, were all in on the surprise. I am so blessed to have so many wonderful friends and a great wonderful family. Lisa kept such a good secret that Cindy was coming, I could not have asked for a better gift than to have her here. The other day Lisa called to tell me that she was running errands, and I said what errands and she said just errands and I said okay. She was really on her way to pick up Cindy at the air port. She is very special, she was blessed with always making others happy and has a great imagination and a good sense of humor, and always lifts up your spirits.

Each one of our children are unique in their own way. They all have something very special to give, to make this an eternal family. I love daddy and all of you for making my life so beautiful.

Thank you for a beautiful Birthday!.

4 comments:

Linda Lu said...

Happy Birthday MOM! Wish I could have been there but was thinking of you as always!

Love you!

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday Auntie. What a great surprise. Sounds like a wonderful day. Love You.

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Auntie! I am so glad that you had such a nice day. Love you!

Berta said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIGY! How nice to come by and see what you're doing! Sounds like you did what I would LOVE to do if it were my birthday. Have a wonderful day!