Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Compassionate Service

I am Compassionate Service Leader in our Ward and today has been one of those days of service for one of the sister's in our Ward. You are always happy and have such a peace within yourself when you are in the service of others. We brought Maribeth home with us after her procedure as she was still groggy and dizzy from the anethsia so we let her sleep and when she woke up for a short time I fixed her a chocolate shake and a piece of toast and then she went back to sleep. During the time she slept I worked on my day planner as I have neglected it for a couple of months and needed to put in my activities, appointments, birthdays etc. Later in the afternoon Ward went and picked up Makean from school and Lisa came over with a hamburger and fries for Makean's after school snack, what a sweetheart she is. Maribeths husband James, came later and we had dinner which was chili, crackers, bread, cheese and a tossed green salad and some homemade freezer Marionberry Jam. It was soooo good. That is the jam was goooood! Hope I can get some more Marionberries this year to make some more jam.

Everyone has gone home now and I am going to clean up the kitchen and get ready for bed.

2 comments:

Natalie Duffy said...

Mom--I'm so proud of you! You did it! These are GREAT posts. I'll call you tomorrow morning at 9am and we will do some more, 'k?

Sleep tight! Love you!

Cindy said...

Oops! I was on Nats account trying to help her with hers and ended up posting as her. She is in bed already. But she loves you too!