Saturday, June 28, 2008

EXCITING SATURDAY MORNING

This has been a very exciting morning. Dad was going to get his pants pressed and he turned on the key to start the car and "THE CAR BLEW UP"!!!! parts and oil were all over, smoke coming up under the hood etc. The tow truck just came to pick it up to take it to the Toyota dealer. It has been exactly 10 years ago this month that we bought that car. It has been a really good car. We drove it yesterday and it was perfect. No noise no anything. This was just a shock. We love that little car it has been good to us. We are still stunned as to what just happened.

What a day. Hope the rest of the day will be good.

6 comments:

Cindy said...

YIKES! I wonder what happened? I'm so glad you guys weren't on the road somewhere and that dad wasn't hurt. I'll call you tomorrow and get more details!

Love the post and the red writing. Even large type. You're getting the hang of this now. Keep it up!

Love You--

Jennifer said...

That is crazy. I am so glad that Uncle Ward wasn't in the car or hurt. Little blessings. I wonder what caused it? I hope they can fix it for you.
I love you! Can't wait to see you.

Berta said...

Hi Sigie . . .
I LOVE reading your posts - sorry to hear about your car! I know how you feel . . . I get attached to my cars (!!) they're like family! Bob thinks I'm nuts! You're doing a great job - love to drop by and see how things are going.

I'm glad they were able to pin-point Ward's condition - there is NOTHING like technology and medicine today - we're so blessed. You're in my prayers - take care. Luv you both!

Deidre said...

How scary and frustrating for you! You'll have to keep us posted on what the deal was. Thanks for your comment. Things are going ok. It is a bit of a roller coaster. One day we find the perfect place to move in and the next we have a small crisis with financial aid/funding. :( I keep telling myself that we'll be ok because we aren't alone.

Trevor and Lauren said...

AHH! Sig and Ward, I am sorry to hear about you car, but I'm glad no one was on the other side of that hood. What a crazy thing?! Hope all is wonderful over there!
Love ya

Cindy said...

Nice touch with the music!