Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Canning Season

The time has arrived to can fruits and make Taco Sauce. Dad I made Taco Sauce a couple of weeks ago and this week we are doing peaches and pears. Made 15 peach pies which are so easy. Just take a short time to put it all together, mad 7 pints of peach jam and 14 quarts of peaches. Tomorrow we will do the pears as I was just to tired when I came home from hand therapy. Had to wear the Cortison patches for 4 hours today. Daddy has been a real trouper as he has sliced every peach and took the jars, washed them I filled them etc. and he put them in the canner and took them out, and lined all the pie pans with foil and saran wrap etc. I never had so much help and it went really fast.



Tomorrow afternoon, Thursday and Friday I will need to go to Sonus to get updated on their new computer program before I work for the next 2 weeks for them. It will nice to see all the old patients from the Osborn office again.



Have a good evening everyone.



4 comments:

Cindy said...

YAY!!!! You posted. I'm jealous--I need to do some peaches. Maybe next week while I'm in Utah.

Mom, keep posting. They are so good and we all love to read them and see how you are doing. Have daddy take a picture of the canning and Lisa will teach you how to put them on your computer and then on your blog. Once she shows you, you will see how easy it is!

I love you.

Leslie said...

Oh Yeah, Auntie you are back. Keep it up. We so much love to read Cindy's and Lisa's. It's nice to know what's going on in everyone's lives. Love You.

Lisa Tucker said...

Mom love the post. I will come over and Saturday and we will freshen up your blog as your requested. Make sure daddy took a picture of your canning.

Natalie said...

I'm so glad you posted again. If I can do it you can do it. It sounds like you have lots of goodies.